International Hearing Care Technician Certification
This Certification was created in response to the growing need to reach the millions of children and adults around the world who are in need of hearing healthcare services. It also enhances the local economy with the creation of new jobs. This program is accessible online and it is designed for individuals who will assist audiologists, otolaryngologists and other qualified physicians. Courses are taught in English and Spanish by an international faculty, with more languages to follow. AICME is currently seeking innovative partnerships with individuals, corporations, foundations, professional societies, faith-based groups, universities, and governments who would like to provide funding or scholarships to students in underserved countries.
To bring updated medical knowledge, high impact training, and state-of-the-art professional development resources to health professionals throughout the world.
Education without Boundaries. AICME is committed to delivering cost-effective; evidence based medical education that is reliable, flexible and on-demand for access anywhere in the world. Our goal, to be a company whose clients are delighted with our service and who recommend us to others because we constantly exceed their expectations.
Curriculum – 20 Clock Hour
- All courses are asynchronous, available 24-7, and do not have to be taken at a specific time. There are no scheduling issues of day or time.
- Each course is approximately one hour in length. There is an automatic examination at the conclusion of each course which immediately scores, allowing the student to review their performance.
- Courses are in the form of enduring materials. The students owns and posses the course and materials.
- Courses, materials, videos, handouts and reading materials may be downloaded on personal computers, ipads or smartphones and watched at anytime.
- Faculty instruction within the courses has been specifically designed for an enhanced learning experience. They are not just recorded lectures, but have been constructed to maximize the learning experience through web-based technologies.
Section I. Background Courses (6 courses)
- Auditory anatomy and physiology
- Sound and acoustics
- Professional responsibilities and liabilities: Universal precautions, infection control, patient confidentiality, privacy and security
- History taking and record keeping
- Patient interaction and counseling
- Medical and audiological terminology
Section II. Common Ear Disorders and Diseases (4 courses)
- Middle ear
- Inner ear
- Otoscopic inspection and ear examination
Section III. Assessment Techniques (10 courses)
- 1. Introduction to the audiometer
- Pure tone hearing test techniques: Air conduction
- Pure tone hearing test techniques: Bone conduction
- Masking theory and techniques
- Audiogram patterns
- Simple speech audiometry
- Otoacoustic emissions
- Introduction to diagnostic audiological assessment
- Audiology applications of telehealth
The IHCT Program was developed to meet the needs of the global community. If you reside in the United States, the scope of the comprehensive curriculum may include courses which may be considered outside the practice scope by your particular state. Please familiarize yourselves with state licensing laws and registration requirements for hearing healthcare extenders.
- The curriculum was designed for students with no more than a secondary (high school) education and no background is necessary in hearing health.
- The program is designed for IHCT Certficants to work under the direct supervision of an Audiologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Physician or other appropriate advanced degreed healthcare professional (International).
- Students are required to have a supervisor or preceptor. It is recommended that during their coursework students are provided observation and hands-on experience and training, if at all possible.
- There is no application fee.
- Prospective students should complete the Application-Registration form and be sure to include the name and contact information of their supervisor-preceptor.