This course will cover workplace safety and ergonomic topics to include:
- Workspace biomechanics and set up
- Effective lighting
- Patient set up and positioning for the medical professional
- Computer ergonomic set up
- Ergonomic sitting and standing positions
- Proper phone set up
- Posture and exercise
- Proper lifting mechanics
- Lifestyle and stressor modification to optimize function
- The participant will learn the safest, most logical, and most functional workspace designs.
- The participant will learn appropriate exercise activity to counteract prolonged stress and strain on structures.
- The participant will learn strategies to maintain a neutral posture in an ergonomically designed work place.
- Curriculum Rehabilitation & Physical Medicine
- Course Number DPB101
- Price $29.00
- CEUs earned 1
- Language English
- Level Introductory
Presenter: David Brown, DPT, OCS
Dr. David Brown, PT, DPT, OCS is a Physical Therapist for Select Physical Therapy .
Dr. Brown graduated with Honors from the University of Miami in 1995 with a Bachelor of Health Science degree and then from the University of Miami in 1996 with Honors with a Master of Science in Physical Therapy. He then began his clinical career. He graduated with Honors from Regis University in Denver, Colorado with his Doctor of Physical Therapy degree in May of 2008.
Dr. Brown is an APTA Credentialed Clinical Instructor. He is an Assembly Representative for the Florida Physical Therapy Association, as well as a Multi-site Center Coordinator of Clinical Education (CCCE) for Select Medical Corporation. He places students in appropriate learning environments and assists in their training and mentorship.
He is also a Board Certified Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) through the APTA -- the sole governing body for Physical Therapists in the United States.
Dr. Brown has presented on various subjects to professional organizations in Pinellas County. Some of the topics include ergonomics in the workplace, injury prevention, safety and wellness in the workplace, and the impact of obesity on rehabilitation.
He has been treating patients in Pinellas County, FL since 1997.